HOW TO APPLY
Melbourne Projection Space encourages site-specific and experimental video work. Enquires about the gallery and the proposal submission process should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure your submission is clear, complete and comprehensive. Click here: Window Template
Applications must include:
- A conceptual statement of the proposed work (400 words max.)
- A short artist bio (400 words max.)
- 5 - 10 x stills
- A current CV
- The proposed work (the video work can be sent through via wetransfer, dropbox, vimeo etc. alternatively you may mail it through to 110 Franklin Street, Melbourne, 3000)
- Any additional information such as a Vimeo account or drawings or elevations to support your application (including if the three screens have the same piece or three different pieces)
Applicants must hire all three windows and group shows are welcome. Melbourne Projection Space is separate from Dark Horse Experiment; however, we welcome applications that run in conjunction with both galleries. The exhibition duration is approximately four weeks and the screens run from dusk until late, seven days a week and opening nights are shared with Dark Horse Experiment. An exhibition fee of $300 applies to Melbourne Projection Space.
Melbourne Projection Space's director Adrian Doyle and curator Yandell Walton are experienced in promoting both emerging and established artists and unlike the conventional gallery, we will present your work to a diverse audience.
Sucessful Applicants will recieve:
- 3-4 weeks show at Melbourne Projection Space (equipped with 3 projectors)
- Press releases distributed to the media
- Social media publicity, gallery listings and various other website promotions
- An email out to Melbourne Projection Space list (4,000 people and counting).